What Happens If You Drink Cologne
Cologne is a popular fragrance product used by millions of people worldwide. It is designed to be applied topically on the skin, clothing, or hair to create an attractive and appealing scent. But what happens if you accidentally ingest or intentionally drink cologne? Is it harmful? In this article, we will explore the potential consequences of consuming cologne and how to respond in case of ingestion.
What Is Cologne Made Of?
Before we delve into the dangers of ingesting cologne, it is essential to understand the components of the product. Cologne is made up of a combination of essential oils, alcohol, water, and fragrance compounds. The concentration of each ingredient differs between brands, but the alcohol content in cologne is usually between 70% and 90%.
What Happens If You Drink Cologne?
Ingesting cologne is not recommended as it can be harmful to your health. Drinking cologne can cause various adverse effects on your body, including:
As mentioned, cologne contains a high concentration of alcohol. If you consume even a small amount of cologne, it can lead to alcohol poisoning, which can be fatal. Alcohol poisoning can cause dizziness, confusion, seizures, coma, and even death.
Drinking cologne can irritate the lining of your stomach, leading to gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Consuming cologne can affect your nervous system and cause neurological symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, disorientation, and seizures.
Inhaling or ingesting cologne can cause respiratory problems, including coughing, shortness of breath, and lung irritation.
What Should You Do If You Drink Cologne?
If you accidentally ingest cologne, it is crucial to seek immediate medical attention. Here are some steps you can take if you or someone you know has consumed cologne:
Call Poison Control
Call the poison control center immediately and follow their instructions. They will provide you with the appropriate steps to take based on the severity of the ingestion.
Seek Medical Attention
If you experience severe symptoms such as seizures, loss of consciousness, or difficulty breathing, seek emergency medical attention immediately.
When you call the poison control center or visit the hospital, provide as much information as possible about the amount of cologne ingested and the brand of cologne.
Don't Induce Vomiting
Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a medical professional.
Avoid Future Consumption
In the future, make sure to keep cologne out of reach of children and store it in a safe and secure location to avoid accidental ingestion.
Ingesting cologne can be dangerous and potentially fatal. It is essential to keep cologne out of reach of children and avoid drinking it intentionally or accidentally. If you or someone you know has ingested cologne, seek immediate medical attention and follow the instructions of healthcare professionals. Remember that prevention is the best way to avoid the dangers of ingesting cologne, so always use cologne as intended – as a fragrance applied topically on the skin, clothing, or hair.
Click For Great Perfume Deals On Amazon
Click For Affordable Inspired Perfume Alternatives
Click For The Best Niche Perfumes & Decants
Pheromone Perfumes - Confidence, Attraction & Appeal - Click For More
Home Fragrances & Candle Warmers - Click To Scent Up Your Spaces Today!